02 September, 2009

another fresh start

I remember reading on some blog that September is the new January: a new start with a clean slate and all the best intentions and resolutions that go with it. Hey, this suits me just fine! I'm right here with you, ready to start afresh and make the most of this brand new month that lies before us. And I've got a really good feeling about it too! I know I said as much before (many times in fact). And I also know that so far I failed every single time to stick with it for longer than maybe two or three weeks... *blush*... So why do I think this time is different?

You see, I'm an emotional eater. My overall happiness plays a big role in my weight loss efforts. Especially when I'm stressed, I tend to cope with just stuffing my face. Oh wait, maybe "cope" is the wrong word... I don't really "cope" by eating so much food, it's more like a diversion tactic, a way to calm down and escape all the things that threaten to overwhelm me. Even if it's only for the few minutes it takes to gobble up some crisps or ice cream or whatever else strikes my fancy that moment. If that's not long enough, I'll just go back for a second serving. And a third. And a... Ok, I guess you catch my drift. Not a very clever or effective way to handle stress, but something that's become a habit that is hard to break.




For a long time, there's always been something that caused me a great deal of stress and needed to be done "before" I could concentrate on eating right or exercising enough. My To Do list seemed to be endless and I hardly found time for myself. But no more! This time will be different because I'm finally starting to put myself first and sort my life out. Things are starting to fall into place for me and my stress level slowly but surely decreases. YAY!

So yes, this is a fresh start - and a much needed one at that! I can feel my jeans getting tighter again. And the Scale Gods aren't happy with me either... I'm going to update my stats and I'll need to change a few things around on my blog so that it reflects my fresh start. I'm all excited and full of ideas now. Oh, how I love a fresh start! :)

4 comments:

Natasha said...

I'm an emotional eater too, so if you ever need someone to talk things through with I'm here for you.

I look forward to seeing the changes you want to implement.

Future Me said...

Yay for a fresh start! I am totally an emotional eater too - we are blog twins, across the world! I love it. Good luck, I'm thinking about you!

Rebecca said...

its something about buying new school supplies that always makes me feel like its a fresh/clean slate.

cant wait to see your updates!

Anonymous said...

YAY for a fresh start! I'm glad you're back. The pics from your vacation look DIVINE.

How fun.

Happy anniversary. :o)