24 July, 2009

workout wednesday on friday

Thanks for the lovely comments yesterday. It' feels great to be on a roll! Yeah, I love those smiley stickers too. And guess what? I like them even more on my reward list! Because... drumroll... I got my first sticker today for completing this weeks C25K runs! Hurray!



Oh, and then I came back and did this week's workout for Amy's 15 week challenge. Lunges, squats and all kinds of other butt-murdering exercises... Oh boy, I'm SOOOO going to feel this tomorrow! I also tried to take pictures, but they turned out even more embarrassing than the ones I took for the tummy workout. It's not that easy to take pictures of yourself exercising... :) Anyway, it's done and I must say I'm quite proud of myself for taking the time to do it.

Because today I'm going to be so busy it's not funny. We're heading off on our roadtrip tomorrow and the flat needs to be cleaned, things must be packed, the mother-in-law needs to be driven to the city (1 hour per way) to her doctor appointment and then there's all the things I still need to organise for my new workplace... Ok. Deep breath. Stay calm. I can do it all. Just one thing at the time, and then the next.

I'm so ready for this vacation! It's going to be so much fun and I'm really looking forward to some kayaking time. It seems like it's been ages since we last went. Of course I'm also kind of hoping it'll do wonders for my arms and shoulders... haha... A bit of toning in that area sure wouldn't hurt.

Speaking of vacation and toning and exercise and stuff... I'm on such a roll right now and I'd hate if the dreaded 'I'm on vacation and therefore it's ok to inhale whatever food is around' mode got in my way. I've already printed out the journals to track my points for the next two weeks as I'm really intending to not veer off plan too much. But how do I do that? I mean, sure, when we cook our own meals on our camping stove, it's easy to figure out the points of my meal. However, it's a VACATION! There will be eating out. There will be trying out local food. And it's only going to be wild guesses as to how many points are in these dishes... Again. Deep breath. I'll be ok. I'll do my best. And it's going to be just fine. :)

Do you think I'm an overly obsessive freak for thinking about bringing my scale along so I don't miss a weigh in? ... hahaha... I might be laughing but I'm not even joking... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your vacation!