18 July, 2009

running in the wrong direction!

Things are getting a bit out of control over here... Look at my weight this week! This is not the direction I want it to go! Aarrgh... I thought of just conveniently 'forgetting' to put my weight up in my sidebar, but maybe seeing it there will help me get my focus back? Umm, yeah... At least it's a nice round number... I love me some nice round numbers. I'm 77 kilos now, so I'll have to lose 22 kilos to reach my goal of 55 kilos... this all has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? And it sounds oh so simple, saying it like that! :)

Ok, so I'm not whining (what would be the point of that anyway?), but getting back on track TODAY. As in RIGHT NOW. I got up an hour extra early to go for a run. I've decided to start the C25K programme again. I found a podcast by Robert Ullrey, where he tells you exactly when to run and when to walk which is great. Before, I was so focused on my watch the whole time that I didn't really get to 'enjoy' the running and walking at all. The music's ok, not really my favourite kind of music, but at least there's a beat I can move to. So yeah, Bob and I have already been out and about!

Oh right, speaking of running... I went for a run on Saturday too! This one was inspired by Amy's Wednesday Workout assignment. She challenged us to go outside for 20 minutes and run as far and as long as we could and felt comfortable for. To be honest, up until the weekend, I didn't know whether I would give the challenge a go or not... but then on Saturday when I woke up, I surprisingly felt like going for a run. So I put on my running shoes, grabbed my iPod and my camera and off I went. So here's how it went...




First, I took a picture of the church's clock to mark the start of my 20 minutes. It was half past seven on Saturday morning and everybody else seemed to be still asleep. Everything was still so quiet - loved it!


Here's me running. Ok, so it might have been more like a slow jog instead of a run... but hey, you got to start small, right?

It was pretty dark and gloomy in the forest due to the rainy weather and the early hour so most pictures didn't turn out very well... But here's me, about 15 minutes into my run, sweating like a pig! :)
Once I was out of the forest, I startet taking pictures again. From here, I usually have a beautiful view of the nearby Alps when the weather's nice. On Saturday... not so much.

Still sweating profusely... And looking somewhat spent too. :)

On my way back I met this sweet girl... Just look at those eyes! And yes, it's actually true what they say about there being many cows in my country... :)

This is where I live. Or at least a glimpse of my little town...

And here's proof: I was out for 45 minutes! I guess I probably ran about half of it and walked the rest. And believe me, I felt so much better afterwards!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

its a conference in chicago, talks about blogging, how to be better blog, etc.

a lot of bloggers go there to learn some, meet other bloggers whom they have perhaps been reading, and party, of course.

should be interesting for sure