30 June, 2009

some random thoughts

The time just before summer break is usually a pretty busy and somewhat hectic time for me and this year is no different... I've been wanting to write a proper update for days now. But since there's so much going on right now, my thoughts are all over the place and writing a coherent post is kind of difficult. So I'll just pour my thoughts out here as randomly as they swirl around in my head at the moment... Maybe if I get them off my jest, I can write a proper post tomorrow. :)

  • I have only two weeks to go then school is out! YAY! This means it's my last two weeks at this particular school as I got a new job at a new school after summer break. I'm looking forward to start at the new school although there's the whole getting to know my new collegues thing which makes me a bit nervous too...

  • Summer is finally here! We had a really hot and sunny day today which was great! I love summer, because it's so easy to have light meals as I'm usually not that hungry when it's so hot outside... It also makes it a bit tough to exercise though - I sweat like a pig! I think it's time for me to switch to early morning workouts. Shouldn't be too hard, as I'm off work in only two weeks.

  • We get five weeks summer break before school starts again. I plan to make good use of those weeks off work: lots of exercise, clean eating and looking after myself!

  • I'm really really excited about Amy's 15 week challenge! I put it in my sidebar and hope for some good numbers! It's too bad I kind of screwed the first two days of the challenge already, but I'm ready NOW. Bring it on!

  • I'm also thinking hard about her weekly challenge already. I do have an idea, but it's so simple I'm not sure it would even count... Maybe I should find something a bit more difficult?

  • My starting weight for the challenge is ridiculously high and I'm a tad ashamed about it. But that's the way it is and I've got to blame myself for it. What did I expect after a full-on binge week? It's going to get better!

  • I'm ok again about the whole pregnancy thing... I never thought trying to conceive would be such a rollercoaster of emotions! I really try to not obsess over it and I think I succeed most of the time. It's just when TOM rolls around again I get a little emotional. Also, having one of my best friend announcing HER pregnancy to me didn't really help matters... I'm really happy for her. But I admit it's also a bit difficult... Maybe that makes me a bad person or a bad friend, but I just can't help it.

  • If one more person gushes to me over how they got pregnant the first month trying, I might need to hit them.

  • But seriously, now that the whole PMS blah is over, I feel good again. And I'm ok with not being pregnant yet. Hey, it leaves me time to buckle down on the weight loss front some more, right?

  • I need to get back to a more regular sleeping pattern. Until two weeks ago, I used to go to bed quite early and I always got enough sleep. Now that the weather's so nice and the days are longer I tend to go to bed too late... Altough I'm a morning person, it's been hard to get up lately.

  • I'm thinking of giving up my 'writing job' at our local newspaper. Even though it comes out only monthly the current article that needs to be written seems to be constantly on my mind, blocking my energy that I could use for other things. I don't handle deadlines too well either. I'm not sure though: it's such a great opportunity and feel I should be grateful instead of looking for ways out.

  • I need to think of something to do to 'celebrate' the end of this school year. On a Friday, I usually work until 10am only - that leaves enough time on that day to do something to mark the day. Instead of going for drinks or eating out I'm thinking more along the lines of going to the hairdresser. Or maybe a pedicure? Any ideas?

  • Oh, and one more thing... Those Green Monsters everyone's drinking for breakfast? They look somewhat scary. However, since I really like spinach I think I need to try one too. Jump on the Green Monster bandwagon. There's just one little question nibbling at the back of my head: Will I be full afterwards? Somehow I fear that 'drinking' my breakfast instead of 'eating' will leave me hungry... How is it for you guys?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

do NOT be scared of the green monster... i dont even like spinach and i tried it and love, love, love it!!

oh gott...kinder country und milky way...ja, die habe ich auch schon hauefig gegessen...milka hasselnuss auch...lecker...ich habe schon 1.5 kilo zugenommen...oh je...da freut sich aber die waage!

skinny me! said...

Hey Alea....yay! A long post! You never do those! Woo hoo.

I'm super excited that school is almost done...let me tell you it feels awesome!

And...I'm sorry about the pregnancy thing :(, it will happen in time.

I'm also doing the 15 week challenge! looks like it will be fun! Woo hoo.

Anne said...

Oh Alea, I totally understand you with the pregnancy thing, we've been trying for two years :(
If you want to talk, you know where to reach me.

-Anne