18 June, 2009

putting myself first

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my weigh in yesterday. They totally made my day! Oh, and the number on the scale certainly helped too... :)

It's funny how a good weigh in can put a spring in your step and lift your mood... And while I totally agree with people who say we shouldn't let the numbers on the scale dictate how we feel, I'm definitely not going to suppress the good feelings that come with a good weigh in. Instead, I'm going to enjoy them and make them last as long as possible. Use the positive energy and make the most of it!

I've done a lot of thinking lately... thinking about what I really want in life, where my priorities should be and what I need to do to become the best Me I can be. I'm not talking about changing the person I am, it's more like improving myself or improving certain areas of my life so that I can be content and happy. Looking over my last few posts, I realised that both physically and mentally I've not been in a place I want to be... So far I'm quite a whiner really, aren't I? Even though I've always come here with the best of intentions, I usually ended up making excuses for not doing what needs to be done. And then lament over the lack of progress... Yeah right.

So this recent little success has been somewhat of an eye-opener for me. It feels good to be happy! It feels good to have all this positive energy! And I'm going to use it to put myself first for a change. I think this is where I've gone wrong for so long now... Changing my priorities might be the clue!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Its all about loving ourselves. I try so hard to treat myself like I would treat my very best friend. :o

And, results fuel motivation - not the other way around.